After another two years of preparation, the second summer school was held at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria beginning 2015 July 13 and ending 2015 July 17. WAISSYA 2015 was attended by approximately 50 students consisting of undergraduates, postgraduates and school teachers. Post-school data analysis showed that students improved significantly both in thinking critically like scientists, and also in gaining astronomical knowledge. For more information, see the WAISSYA 2015 Report.
WAISSYA 2015 was held during 2015 July 13-17 at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. It was the second organized school in the series. The school was organized and taught by a collaboration of astronomers from the following institutions (in alphabetical order):
- Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics
- Dunlap Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics at the University of Toronto
- European Southern Observatory
- National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) Centre for Basic Space Science (CBSS) at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of British Columbia
- University of Western Cape, South Africa